Nom Nom

 Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I think in the past I have pretty much established the fact I am a total foodie. I have made the comment that I didn't get fat on just Cheetos puffs. I don't like food, I like good food. Having RNY didn't change that about me. I'm the first to admit to being a 'cheater' while being pregnant...well I'll be honest, in the past couple weeks all bets have been off. I'm a carabaholic by nature. I had tamed the beast for a good while, then I hit my 3rd trimester, and the monster was back, and there was no fighting him off. I have no doubts I'll go back to my healthy and pouch guidelines once I have this little lady. For now, I just 'watch it'....and try not to eat a whole bag of Oreos in a day.

Now I don't have the money to go have a field day at specialty shops or anything like that. If I had to pick someone to be for a day, I think I'd pick Ina Garten. Have you seen the awesome little shops she goes in on her show? Not to mention, she makes some really scrumptious stuff too. I seriously think The Hampton's would be a foodies total heaven. Specialty gourmet shops? Yes, please.




Anyways, enough of that. I'm here to share a recipe with you all. Be warned this is not diet friendly...at all. But it is delicious. This is my version of a recipie my friend Belinda shared with me, mixed with this from Tina over at Mommy's Kitchen (awesome food blog by the way!), along with a few others I found in some recipie books and online places. So I'd say it is MY recipe, but really they are all so similar there are probably 5,00000 out there just like it.

Spaghetti Carbonara
5-8 Slices thick cut bacon, diced
1 Package spaghetti
2 garlic cloves, minced (I use the jarred stuff)
1/2 onion, diced
1 bag frozen peas, thawed
1/2-3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use the canned stuff)
1/4 cup heavy cream.
2 eggs
Pepper, to taste

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. While spaghetti is cooking fry bacon in large, deep skillet. Once bacon is nice and crispy pour off all but about 2tbs of excess grease. Add onion and saute' until onion starts to become translucent. Add garlic and saute' for 1-2mins longer, remove from heat. In separate bowl mix 1/2 cup cheese, cream, and eggs. Drain pasta, reserving about a cup of pasta water. Dump spaghetti into skillet. Pour cheese mixture over pasta and stir. Add peas. If sauce is too thick add some of the pasta water. I mess with it added a little more cheese and water until it is the consistency I want. You can't really mess it up if you add little bits at a time and continue to stir.

Garnish with a little extra cheese and serve with garlic bread.

 

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

Mommy’s Kitchen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP