Oh my...

 Monday, January 3, 2011

Well it has obviously been awhile since I posted here. Lots has happened since my last post.

Christmas came and went, yay! Don't get me wrong it was a wonderful time with family, and my sweet little family seemed to rack up on lovely gifts. BUT, I just wanted to get through it so the New Year could arrive. Which it has. We are now on day three of 2011 and I couldn't be more thrilled. You all should know why I've been waiting for 2011, but if you don't, I'll tell you. My husband comes home this year! In mere weeks! Saying I'm excited would be an understatement.

Rak (my Lab) and I came back home from Texas the Monday after Christmas and I don't think either of us could be happier unless Brian was home. Rak has his huge back yard to play in the 18* weather, and I have my house to keep. A fair warning, leaving your house closed up for 3 months will lead to LOTS of dust. And the word 'lots' doesn't even really begin to describe it.

Humm...what else is going on? Oh, my belly finally 'popped'. This is a huge deal for all newly preggos, especially us first timers who have no idea how tired of having a belly we will be by the time 40 weeks rolls around.  Need proof?

18 Weeks

It only took me 18 weeks to start 'showing'. It still only really shows in maternity clothes, but it is still something, and finally looks like a baby belly rather than a spare tire and 15 extra pounds. I have also started to feel my Rafi girl move in the past few days! Still nothing from the outside, yet, but I do feel her swimming around when I lay down. Hopefully her daddy will be able to feel her from the outside by the time he gets home.

I can't believe this pregnancy is already 1/2 way done. I'll be 19 weeks pregnant this Wednesday. Wow. I'm still down about 9lbs from my pre-preg weight which is mind boggling with the way I eat constantly and the sheer fact I am BIGGER. Strange. I have my big anatomy scan this month (the 19th) so lets all keep our fingers cross that Miss Rafi is still a girl. haha

Now I will go and spare you any more rambling about my pregnancy. Maybe I'll come up with something more interesting to blog about later. :) Maybe food? Who wants a recipe for  yummy enchiladas?

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

3 comments:

Teenage Bride January 3, 2011 at 10:04 AM  

Yay you are back! awww cute belly! I am already starting to show.... but I was only 85 pounds when I got pregnant so the baby has to show somewhere haha.

I am so excited for you, I cannot imagine how happy you must be to have your husband almost home!!

Morgan L January 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM  

Thanks girl! I'm so excited for you too! I'm 5'8 so I think that might contribute some to why its taken me awhile to show. I have so much room to go 'up' before going out.

I can't wait to see your belly pics!

Kasey January 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Your bump is cute! You are carrying much lower than I am... just goes to show that some of those old wives tales are a bit wonky, lol.

First children also show later because your ab muscles are much tighter. Once you are all stretched out like me, you will look 6 months pregnant at 12 weeks, HAHA.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP