Forgivness.

 Saturday, January 22, 2011

I have been praying very hard for someone that I love the most recently. I had been praying they would feel the desire to seek Him and have a thirst for God. This person is really battling some inner demons, or maybe it really is Satan. It breaks my heart to know this AMAZING person, feels almost as though they have done to much bad to be forgiven by God. I didn't know until very recently this person I love so much felt this way, so I have made it my mission to show them just how wrong they are. My desire is to show, and prove to them that they are already forgiven if they simply ask. 

What an awesome thing right? Ask and you shall receive. It seems almost too easy in a world where we are use to fighting for just about everything, especially forgiveness. It seems like our flesh wants to hold a grudge. We like to bring up the past and throw it all on the table every time we get in an argument with our loved ones. The wonderful thing is God doesn't do that. There is no need for us to constantly pray to be forgiven for something. Every time we ask we are forgiven. God doesn't hold a grudge. He doesn't bring up every past bad decision to determine if we are worthy of forgiveness this time. He loves us that much. Crazy. 

So while I've been on this mission to show this person Christ's love for us I have compiled a list of scripture to share with them that proves this undying love for us. I know there are many more out there, and I'm on the hunt for them, but this is what I have and I want to share them with you incase anyone out there is in need of a reminder.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds" Psalm 147:3

"This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5

"But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7






"Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:34-36

 Have you ever felt too 'bad' to be forgiven? What would you say to someone who felt that way? Do you have any scriptures to share?

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

2 comments:

amandajolyn January 24, 2011 at 4:12 PM  

The great thing is that even in our broken, messy, imperfect lives God is there and his love is never failing! God's Grace is beyond anything we could ever understand and he loves us as we are! We could never be unworthy of his love!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP