Deep Sigh...

 Thursday, January 13, 2011

After my last post and the overwhelming amount of support I got from you all and others, it felt like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Sometimes just knowing your are in the same boat is someone else makes the sea sickness not so bad. :) So, thank you.

I really wish I had some awesome subject to mesmerize you all with, but I don't. Bummer right? I seem to really be lacking inspiration.

Last night I finished up my first 14 day Bible reading 'course'. I received a new study Bible for Christmas, and inside it has different lists of readings to follow. Eventually I plan on following the one that has you complete the whole Bible in I think its a year, or something. For now, I feel very accomplished for sticking to it. This first course was over the life and teachings of Jesus, so a Gospel chapter from one of the four Gospels a night. It was really awesome to be able to refresh my memory on the stories of Christ and once again be in awe of His majesty. Tonight I will start 14 days on the teachings of Paul. I pray these next 14 days will leave me hungry for more. I have faith they will.

Do any of you read the Bible on a regular basis? Do you follow a plan, or read cover to cover?

Now I am off to continue my internet search for the perfect glider/recliner for our little girls nursery. I either want something solid black or a black graphic print. This seems to be a much tougher task than I ever thought it would be, and forget adding 'something with nice lines' to the criteria. Oy Vey!

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

2 comments:

Teenage Bride January 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

I started last year to read the bible through in a t=years time with daily readings. it was a really great way to spend time reading His word.

Glad you are feeling relieved!!!

amandajolyn January 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM  

We have what's called a Growth Group which is like a bible study that meets every Thursday. We don't really follow a plan, sometimes we'll discuss what was taught on Sunday and sometimes we will go through a book of the bible that someone feels compelled to go through. For me personally it's totally random and some things are on my heart to read at certain times. I am reading "The Perfect Mess :why you don't have to be perfect to be worthy of God's love" and I'm loving it! It's got scriptures that go along with it.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP