Why Me?

 Thursday, December 2, 2010

Don't lie, you have all said it at least once in your life. Probably when you were a teenager and discovered a zit right in the middle of your forehead moments before your hot date was to arrive.

I know during my teenage years I did it, probably numerous times!  Sometimes I would just curse the world, others I would get super hardcore in my prayers thinking that if I pestered God, and told him I thought he had forsaken me, that he would answer sooner and with the answer I wanted. I will even be honest with you and say I probably had this same thought within the past year while dealing with this deployment. It is just human nature I think to feel like we are the only one being 'picked' on.

It is easy to feel alone in a world full of people when we don't have God in our lives.

The other day while in my car the same thought filled my mind, "Why me?" I couldn't help but laugh at the complete 180 in the current meaning of my question though. This time I was wondering why God had chosen to bless me so abundantly. I realized I had been blessed this much my whole life, but I was just now starting to see it all for what it really was. My appreciation had grown because my wants had lessened. I was overwhelmed with joy when thinking about the new life growing inside me and the amazing man God had blessed me with to be my best friend, lover, and father of my child.

"That my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!"  Psalm 30:12

It dawned on me that it wasn't just the 'things' God blessed me with that I was happy about and wanting though. It was just Him. He was enough for me, and that is why everything else just seemed like the best icing you could get on a piece of birthday cake. When you want so much and expect more it is hard to appreciate everything that is right in front of you. When you want nothing everything else is just gravy on top. This verse sums it all up.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP