Worry

 Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Its easy to get overwhelmed with worry at times. Some of us more than others, and obviously for different reasons. However, I'm willing to bet that at some point we have all experienced anxiety and worry to some degree. It could be about how you are going to pay for new tires, how in the world your going to have enough time to get dinner on the table, to something as big as how your going to even afford groceries to put dinner on the table. No matter what the situation, it is easy to be consumed with worry and let it control our lives.

Why am I telling you all of this? Well because that is where I am, or better yet, its where I've been recently. I feel the best way to minister is to tell you about what I know and use myself as an example. I posted not long ago about not making any more plans. And that is true, but somehow, that hasn't kept me from worrying about the plans I'm not making.

I'm a planner by nature, being an Army wife has made me more of one (almost a contradiction since the Army needs you to plan well and be willing to roll with the flow all at the same time. Oxymoron much?), and now being pregnant seems to have flipped and overdrive switch in my head. I'm not what I would consider to be a worrier, but I can let my planning get in control and thus cause me to worry and anxiety. Understand?

The good news? God doesn't want us to worry. He even tells us to let him take care of everything!

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7

God cares so we don't have to! That is like having an expert at everything at your constant disposal! How awesome is that? Still not convinced?

"Therefor do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?', or 'What shall we drink?', or 'What shall we wear?' For all these things Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things." Matthew 6:31-32

God is telling us not to worry. He already knows everything we need. He has it under control if we would just seek him and lay it down at his feet.

I know it reads and sounds a lot easier than it really is for us. I know its a constant battle for me. I am an independent person, probably to a fault, but I blame that on the Army necessity.  It is hard for me to hand over the little of 'control' I have, or think I have, over to someone else. I'm not sure why its hard for me to do that with God though. If a top chef offered to come in my house cook me dinner and teach me all I needed to know I wouldn't pass it up would I? If a master mechanic said he would check my car daily before I drove off to make sure my car was safe, I wouldn't pass that up either would I?  God is better than all of that and so much more! So why would I pass up the Master of all things? There is no rational or easy answer is there? But we all do it.

God deserves all of me every day. Praying and praising him should be an honor, not a requirement. Casting my fears upon him is part of that, because that is part of the 'all of me'. Treating him like a board game that I only take down on rainy days is what is wrong. I can't ignore my AWESOME God 99% of the time, cry to Him when the going gets tough, then on top of it, forget to thank Him when he does clean up my mess. Or vice versa when I want to be in charge and worry all on my own! I have to praise God in the good and in the bad. Trust him and give everything to him.

So along with working on my patience, I'm working on giving everything to God. All day, everyday. Trusting God with my worries. I pray you are able to do the same.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP