Random thoughts and a belly.

 Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Well I didn't post on Friday like I promised, but I am back much quicker than I have been in the past. Aren't you all proud? Well you should be.

For reference purposes this is me at 5weeks 4 days pregnant :



And this is me at 10 weeks pregnant:


I am wearing my normal pre-pregnancy jeans in the above picture, just sporting a bump with them. :)

I think I have officially lost my mind, or maybe I'm just a normal first time pregnant mom-to-be, but I have started and online registry. I know, totally lame and overly anxious. I swear I did it for my own Type-A personality organization. I didn't like the idea of writing everything down so I just started an online one with myregisty.com. Cool right? Well...little did I know, it was syncing with my Facebook! So now everyone knows I'm neurotic and probably thinks I'm a total gift grabber by 'granting' everyone access to my nice little wish list. Yikes. I guess the damage is already done though now that the cat is out of the bag. I certainly hope my friends know me well enough to know I'm just a psycho, not someone begging for a gift. lol

This weekend I scored a few baby items from a family I babysit for. They have a 5year old and a set of 2 year old twins. I ended up with a bassinet and an AngleCare motion monitor. Woohoo! Most things I want brand new, but things like the monitor and even a bassinet that my child might hate I'm fine with being used. The twins never even slept in the bassinets because they would only sleep in their bouncy seats, so I essentially got a new bassinet for all of 20 bucks. If Baby Latch hates it, then oh well. And the monitor, well it still works so who cares right? 

What are your thoughts on used items? I'm anti used car seats and things like that, mostly for safety reasons, but some stuff that babies only use for a short time, and sometimes not at all I'm pretty open to used assuming its clean and in good condition.

Now I'm off to get the stuff to make stuffed mushrooms on this yucky rainy day.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

4 comments:

Courtney November 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

I'm pro-used. There are actually certain things I would look for used, first. Like you, there are also things I want to buy new. As to the things I would seek out used (unless someone was willing to buy me it as a gift LOL)... dresser or changing table/ furniture... crib (although you have to be careful since they get recalled often, and sometimes they're not any cheaper buying used vs new), swing perhaps, high chair, some toys- climbing toys for outside. ... maybe bedding if it is in like new condition, although it would have to be something I was in love with and that wasn't available anymore (some of the old pottery barn prints, for example). I'd probably still buy new sheets to go with it though. Yeah, I'm not anti-used. I think the landfills are full enough as they are. As long as you know the items came from a safe home, (non-smoking, for us- pet free since we're allergic) then I say go for it.

Laura86 November 2, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

I don't think you're psycho at all! I was browsing baby items well before I was pregnant with Wyatt. As for used items, don't be too picky! Carseats I did get brand new. About 9 months before I got pregnant Nate's Aunt had a baby boy. I was given a play mat with matching swing, and bounder. All were in EXCELLENT condition. She also gave me a bassinet, lots of really nice baby clothes, a super duper nice exersaucer, new bottles (I just bought new nipples). Everything was free and in excellent condition. So that being said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with used items =)

When baby number three comes along I will be scouring craigslist for a lot of things, like a crib, etc. But carseat will be new. Babies are expensive, especially the gear. So there is nothing wrong with used items as long as they are clean and in really good condition =)

Teenage Bride November 4, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

awww you are just too cute!!! This is so exciting!!!

Lauren Ragan November 5, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

See, when I'm pregnant, I'm pretty sure I'll start registering for stuff the day I find out. I mean, I'm no where close to marriage and I alreayd have it all planned out. Let me rephrase: I have two completely different weddings planned out; depending on the season I get married. I have everything but the groom and groomsmen. And I'm very OCD about these things and if they don't go as planned, I may freak out. haha.
Congrats again, Morgan.
So excited for you! ♥

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP