Just call me Diva...

 Thursday, November 4, 2010

Domestic Diva that is. 

I think I have mentioned this before, but incase I haven't, I'll mention it again. I seriously LOVE being a wife. Seriously, it is my favorite thing ever. Of course, it is much more fun when my other half is around and I get to be a full time wife. I always looked forward to being a wife, it was like it was my calling. That might sound lame to some, and that is fine by me.

 I am now looking even more forward to being a mom. I honestly can hardly stand it I'm so excited. These next 29 weeks really can't go by fast enough. Being a wife and mom is really all I ever wanted to be. I mean, yes I want to finish my degree (if I can ever make a final decision on a program of study...ugh!), but even then, I plan on staying home with my children until they are all in school. I'm super thankful that Brian has the same hopes and goals for our family as I do. I am thankful that I have the option to be a stay at home full time wife and mommy. That isn't to say I think anything bad about working moms. Heck, I totally commend working moms. They ROCK as far as I'm concerned. Its just not for me.

So having said all of that, today I did two things that make me feel domestic. 
  1.  I made Cakes-in-a-Jar for Brian. His birthday is the end of this month so I figured cake in a jar was the way to go.
  2.  I ordered our first 4 cloth diapers to start our newborn diaper stash. Yep, you read that right. Yes, we plan on cloth diapering.
Number one makes me feel domestic, because well, baking equals domestic in my book. The by adding a jar and canning-ish aspect makes it that much more domestic. I mean seriously. If someone gave you a cake that was baked in a jar that was all sealed nicely and would last in your pantry for a few months wouldn't you think..."Wow, she is so creative and domestic."? I would.

After screwing on the tops. Waiting for the 'pop' to know they are sealed.

Number two makes me feel domestic because...okay so maybe ordering the diapers doesn't make me domestic, but certainly the idea of cloth diapering is bound to have a domestic factor to it right?  And lets be honest, how can you not find a fluffy baby booty cute? I mean seriously.
www.everythingbabything.com
Do you like feeling domestic? What makes you feel like a domestic diva and queen of the house? Anyone out there cloth diaper or love to bake?

Now I am off to find myself some lunch and take a nap before my hair appointment at 3.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

1 comments:

Lauren Ragan November 5, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

I understand about the being a wife and mother being your calling because that's honestly how I feel and I can't wait to be just that. But I can honestly say, the cloth diaper thing really kinda freaks me out. haha.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP