Happy Birthday

 Sunday, November 21, 2010

"All who call upon me I will answer; I will be with them in distress; I will deliver them and give them honor." Psalm 91:15
Today my very best friend in the entire world, who also happens to be the love of my life, turned 23. I can't believe he is so 'old'. Not that 23 is old, but compared to the 15 year old boy I met for the first time in Houston, TX at National Catholic Youth Conference, and the 17 year old boy I met again at a football game 2 years later, he is old. 

The years have served him well though. Not only is he more handsome now than he was then (No seriously, he is. He just seems to age well. Lucky right?), but he is just 'better' all around. I have some how managed to fall a little more in love with him every passing day which always seems impossible the day before. He is more of a man than most males twice his age. He has seem more and done more than some do in a life time, and has handled it with more grace than I could ever expect a person to do. He is a man's man with the heart of a marshmallow when it comes to me and our family. 

He is a true hero, but not just because he puts on a uniform every day. He is a hero because of what he does, day in, day out, when no one is watching, and when everyone is gawking. He is a man of great morals and code. He puts others first even when it means sacrificing himself. He would give you the shirt off his back (much to my dismay at times), and give you a hand if you needed.

He is the man I could have never dreamed up myself. (Thank goodness God writes our love stories right?) The type man that I think every woman deserves, want my daughters to marry, and sons to emulate.

So Happy Birthday to the best man I know. 
I love you babe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP