Happiness depends on happenings, but joy is defiant.

 Friday, November 19, 2010

Today I am full of both happiness and joy. Are you sitting there wondering what the difference is? Well I was to.

Happiness depends on external factors. We are happy when good things happen to us, or around us. I was happy when my husband came home from Iraq. I was happy when I got a new car. I was happy when I found out I was pregnant. I am happy today because I got to see my baby yesterday, and because I am mailing off my last care package today. I am happy because my husband was finally able to call me after weeks of no communication.

Joy is internal. Joy meets all of your deepest needs, and joy is constant. You find joy in the Lord. Joy is not defined by good and bad. Joy is always and forever. Why? Because God is constant. God is never changing. God is eternal. I am joyful today because I know the Lord and I will be joyful tomorrow for the same reason. It is His joy, not mine. 

My goal is to focus on having constant joy. I want to learn to rejoice in the good times and bad the way Paul did when he was imprisoned and facing death.

I am so thankful for this walk that I am on, and the friends I have supporting me with a hand on my shoulder, or a hand in my own walking side by side. I feel as though God is enlightening me on a daily basis. 

I look so forward to sharing everything I learn with the new life that is growing in me. I want little Baby Latch to know joy in the Lord along with happiness. 

I will praise You,  for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous  are Your works; And that my soul knows very well.- Psalm 139:14

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

2 comments:

Laura86 November 19, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

Love this blog post, Morgan <3 That scripture is one of my many all time faves as well! I pray that all will be able to experience such joy in their lives, daily.

Anonymous,  February 22, 2011 at 12:56 AM  

Thank you so much for your website. It is also my goal to achieve that constant joy through Christ my Lord. "Philippians 4:11
... for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP