Baby Gear Excitement

 Sunday, November 14, 2010

So I figured I'd take a small break from my "Opinions Are Like Buttholes" series and break in with something positive and happy. Mostly because, well I'm in a good mood today and not in the mood to gripe you all out.

When I went to my first OB appointment last month I got a welcome pack with all sorts of stuff. That is one fun thing about being a newly preggo, the coupons and freebies. In this pack was a coupon for a $25 gift card when I opened a registry at Babies R Us. I noticed yesterday that it expired the 30th of this month, so mom and I headed to BRU to open the registry.

Now I will tell you I felt kind of like a loser in there barely showing at only 12 weeks, not even knowing the gender, opening a registry. Without my husband to boot. At 21 I look even younger sometimes, so I'm sure people thought I was some unwed, high school student who got knocked up. Oh well.

I only registered for a few things. Mostly our big baby gear that we planned on buying gender neutral so it could be used with future children. It was fun taking down the travel systems and pushing them around for comparison. I highly recommend any of you to do this as well rather than just looking at reviews online. I do encourage doing online research before walking into BRU though, because if you walk in with no direction you will surly be overwhelmed and not even know where to start.

After much online research I had narrowed down our selection between two travel systems. The Chicco Cortina Key Fit 30, and the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe. Both the stroller and infant seat in both are top rated and the best on the market.

I went in there thinking that I'd end up liking the Chicco better for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that it was nearly $100 more on average, that had me thinking it would have more to offer and I'd like it more. Wrong. The Graco won out. Maybe the Chicco's folding mechanism was messed up or worn, but it was nearly impossible to fold with was was claimed to be a "one handed fold".  At 5'8 I'm not a small woman, and it was hard for me to manage folding and heavy as all get out. It maneuvered great and the handle bar had a nice feature of hight adjustment, but it was just not living up to my expectations.

Chicco Cortina Keyfit 30 Travel System


The Graco was awesome. It maneuvered just as nicely as the Chicco, and though it doesn't have an adjustable handle its is a fine height for anyone unless you are freakishly tall. The parents tray is nice with 2 cup holders, a little covered compartment, and an area to place sunglasses. The fold? Well it was so easy it was it was stupid! You can do it with one hand and a baby on your hip. So Graco won out and will be headed to our house in the near future.

Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel - Deco Print


I love the fact that the print we chose also matches the swing we already bought, and has a pack'n play that matches. I know that really doesn't matter and no one will care, but me. I'm just a pretty matchy-matchy person.

Pack'n Play- Deco Print

As lame as I might feel for already having a registry started, its pretty great for our parents since they plan on buying us baby stuff for Christmas. This way they know we are getting what we want rather than having to make a best guess.

I can't wait to find out the gender and have Brian home to go and finish though. It just wasn't as much fun without him!

Thursday is my first ultrasound so I am more than excited. I can't wait to see my little sweetie and send Brian a picture. Of course, I'll post one for all of you as well.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

1 comments:

Lauren Ragan November 17, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

That's exciting, Morgan!
And don't feel lame; when my cousin was pregnant, she started buying things long before she knew whether it was a boy or girl. haha. Of course, me and our other cousin contributed a lot to that.
And I already have a nursery sat up in my head for my first boy or girl. I'm pretty excited about it, can't lie.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP