Four Years

 Monday, October 18, 2010

Four years ago today Brian and I got married. I really can't believe its been that long already, but maybe that is because he has been out of country, and on several day, week, and month long training for at least half of those 4 years. He has missed 3 out of 4 anniversaries, which sucks, but its not such a big deal to us anymore I don't guess. I'm sure a lot of other military couples would say the same thing. We really don't celebrate the day on the day, we celebrate the time when he is actually home.

I am so thankful that our relationship is strong and is able to grow even in times of separation. I think that speaks volumes for the type of love we have. I'd be willing to bet that some couples who do really love each other wouldn't last 6, 12, 15 months apart. It would simply be too hard. Though we don't like it, and are nearly counting down the days until the Army is a closed chapter of our lives, we make the best of what we have.

I feel so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man who is also my best friend. The bonus now is that we get to be parents together. :)

Now I'm off to put on my comfy maternity jeans, and take myself out to lunch. And yes, I know that at only 8 weeks pregnant, I probably did give in way too early when it came to maternity clothes, but I really just can't stand the way anything feels on my stomach right now. Oh well. :)

Maybe later or tomorrow I'll have a much more interesting post for you all. Any topic ideas? lol

Until Tomorrow. If you're still there.

3 comments:

The Blogger Life of Me October 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

It doesn't feel like that long ago.. :) I was just telling james yall's anniversary was coming up. Happy anniversary ma'am:)

amandajolyn October 19, 2010 at 12:33 AM  

Happy anniversary! It takes a special kind of woman to be married to a soldier. I'm proud of my husband's time in the Army but I have to say I'm glad he's not in anymore.

Teenage Bride October 19, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

the two of you are absolutley adorable!!!! Happy Anniversary mommy and daddy to be!!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP