Its about living.

 Monday, September 6, 2010

Well yesterday was my 8 month surgiversary! As of this morning I am 125lbs down, and 5 pounds from doctors goal!  I am down from a 22-26 bottom and 18-22 top to a 12 bottom (I don't guess 10's from Gap really count? lol) and M/L in blouses, and a small t-shirt.  But you know what? As much as I love all those numbers and letters. They do make me happy. 

You know what makes me the happiest? I can RUN 3 miles. Out of all of the things I have accomplished in the past 8 months, running is what I'm most proud of. Something about being able to run (without feeling like I might have a stroke!) is the proof that I am alive, not just alive, but living. I am no longer on the sidelines, behind the camera, I'm in the game. I couldn't be more happy.

(Picture on the right is what I'm wearing to pick up Brian!)

So I'm making a vow to myself today that I will NOT let numbers torment me anymore. I am happy. I am living life. I have gained so much by losing this weight, and to me what I gained far outweighs the weight I've lost.

Brian isn't home yet, but should be *fingers crossed* tomorrow! I'll be sure to update you all once he is home and were settled.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.
(Oh and sorry about yesterday. I was crazy busy!)

5 comments:

Janna September 6, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

You look amazing! and super cute outfit to pick up hubby! :)

Anonymous,  September 6, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

Random comment, I just wanted to know how you started running? How many months out were you, and how did it all get started? That is one of the things that are at the top of my goal list. You must be so proud of yourself to have accomplished that.

Thanks!

Morgan L September 6, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

Thanks Janna!!

Anonymous- I started running the first time when I was about 4 months out from surgery, but ended up hanging that hat up for later saying I'd come back to it. Then about a month ago is when I really started running, running again. All it takes is just trying to run the first time, and going a little further each day! Its my biggest accomplishment yet. =)

sarabug September 9, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

You are SO amazing and beautiful and I am SOOOOO proud of you Morgan! <3

Fredda September 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

WOW! You are looking great! I want to become a runner...that is one of my goals that I sat pre-op. I am only 2 months out..but I am almost ready. Thanks for your inspiration and I hope you take advantage of your husband's homecoming! ;O)

Thank you for your comment on my blog the other day!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP