Insta-sun

 Friday, September 3, 2010

So I went and got my spray on tan today. I must say, I'm pretty impressed! I was worried about it turning out streaky or something, but it didn't. I just took a shower and any imperfections that were there, are gone. Woohoo!

I was really surprised when I got to the tanning salon today and they asked me what level Mystic Tan I wanted. Really? I had no idea there were levels. Back where I'm from, there is one. Everyone uses the same machine with the same formula. Pretty simple. Not the case here. The girl told me there were 3 levels, and with my skin tone she recommended the level 2. She said the 3 was really dark and the one time she got it, she didn't like it. Okay then...sure, I'll take a level 2 spray tan. Thanks.

I also got my car cleaned out, other than vacuuming it. It looked like it was going to pour any second this morning, and seeing how I had just gotten a spray tan, I couldn't get wet for 8 hours. I certainly didn't want to be stuck outside with my beautiful Dyson vacuuming the car out when the heavens opened up. That my friends, would be no bueno.

The dogs got a bath yesterday, and they are already back to being dirty, so I have given up. Brian is just going to have some dirty dogs when he gets home. I'm sure he wont mind, and they certainly don't. I'm not going to stress it.

Tomorrow my plan is to clean the house...again. Wash the sheets, and pray its my last night alone for 2 weeks!

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

6 comments:

Laura86 September 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

I've always wondered about spray tans. How do they work? Are they pricey? How long do they last? I don't like the idea of tanning beds, so I won't go...and I'm too lazy to put tanning lotion on every night, haha!! I wanna see pics, missy!

Morgan L September 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

Laura, I have done them 3 different ways. One is like today, you go and stand in the machine and it sprays the front of your body then stops, and you turn and it sprays the back of your body. The second way, is pretty much the same, but you stand on a turn table type thing in the machine and it turns you 360 and sprays you. Then finally, I have had it done where an actual person sprays you.

The first two ways are probably around 15-20 bucks, and when the person sprays you it costs a little more in my experience. It lasts about a week. I do tan in the tanning bed, and on my deck normally, and just use the spray before a big event as a booster, so it seems to last a little longer for me. This time however I was short on time as far as building up a 'real' tan so I was just praying this would work since I wasn't as dark as I normally am when getting one. It worked great! I'm very impressed!

Janna September 3, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

I was wondering how the spray tan worked. I'm curious because since our wedding is in early March- it won't give me time to work on my tan- though I'm toying with tanning beds. The only spray tans I've seen were on friends who looked a little too fake dark that I wouldn't want for our wedding. Any suggestions?

ally September 3, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

I was sprayed for our wedding and it looked fantastic! I've done it 3 times, the first in the machine and the last 2 when a person sprays you nude (I wore undies). The person spray comes out much better because they take longer and tell you exactly how to bend and what not to avoid creases. I was sprayed 2 days before the wedding and the day of the wedding it looked great and natural. If the wedding is in march just do it a couple of times before to see how you like it, and use the same person when you do it for the wedding.

Morgan! I can't wait to hear all about the reunion with brian. I hope someone is there to take pictures of the first run-and-jump-into-his-arms hug that y'all will share! I told your grandpa happy bday today! Enjoy the blog! :) talk to you later!

Laura86 September 4, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

Awesome!! Thanks! I'm so fair complected that I'd have to tan and tan and tan and tan in a bed, and I just don't want cancer and more than I'll get from being outside, hahaha!! But for balls or something I'd love to try this! Thank you!!

sarabug September 9, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

I'm always so worried that the spray tan stuff will get all over my house...does it?

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP