Tuna Drama.

 Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Did you know there was such a thing? Well there is.

I have recently become obsessed with Tuna. I eat the Tuna Lunch To-go's pretty much daily because they are simply delicious, nutritious, quick, and WLS friendly. Whats not to like? I do have to give a shout out to my husband for introducing me to these little gems. Thanks Babe! 

So today for dinner I decided that I was going to have tuna for dinner. I didn't feel like thawing out any of my Shrimp and Crab bake, and I didn't feel like grilling any chicken to have more salsa chicken. I found a packet of tuna in my pantry and decided to make tuna using one of the boiled eggs I had in the fridge (yes I keep them on hand for a protein snack) like mom use to when I was little rather than using one of my Lunch to-go's. 

Epic failure. 

Why you ask? It was Albacore tuna. Until today I had no idea that the different variations of tuna actually taste different (duh!). I am a Light tuna and water kind of girl. Albacore is no good as far as I'm concerned. But alas I'm lazy and ended up eating the tuna anyway. It wasn't terrible enough to throw away and my dogs didn't need it, so I just sucked it up, ate my dinner, and chalked it up to a lesson learned. 

What else did I accomplish today you may ask? Well let me tell you! 

After my 30mins on the Elliptical, a leg workout, and abs, I came home to conquer some of my "to-do before Brian gets home" list. One of those things was to go get more coat hangers and a drawer set for my closet to continue organizing our clothes. While getting ready to leave for Walmart I went to check my air filter for its size so I could get a replacement. Only to discover...its metal? Apparently you don't replace this little baby. But what do you do?

(not mine, but looks like mine)

Well, I'll tell you what I did. I called my friend Amanda to find out what I was supposed to do. She is a mom of 2 boys, and has survived 3 deployments. I assume she knows everything. She in turn turned to her dear friend  www.ask.com and gave me a step by step run down of how to clean this mystery air filter. 

I won't lie, I didn't make it to Walmart. My bedroom still looks like a bomb went off inside it, but my air filter is clean! Now lets hope I did it right and there will be no more clumps of dust landing everywhere in my house daily.

Now I'm ready for a protein bar, or some apples and peanut butter. Teen Mom tonight!

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

3 comments:

Janna August 17, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

I've been eating alot of tuna- since it seems to be pretty filling!

What kind of protein bars have you been eating? I really want some that don't taste so diet-y if you know what I mean!

Morgan Latiolais August 17, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

2:1 Protein Bars are super good, but my new obsession is Questbars. I swear, they are delicious! There is nothing "deity" about them, and if you like peanut butter, you will love the peanut butter supreme, but the vanilla almond is equally delicious. I just happen to be obsessed with PB!

You can order them online www.questproteinbar.com. You can order individual bars to try them. use the code freeship or shipfree :)

Teenage Bride August 18, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

You are one productive person!!!

I made the mistake of getting tuna in olive oil once instead of tuna and water... OMG green tuna looks sooo gross, I couldnt eat it haha

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP