Sweet relief!

 Thursday, August 26, 2010

So my A/C is finally fixed! Praise you sweet Baby Jesus! 

Today I got up at 7am because the fiance of one of Brian's soldiers sent me a message letting me know that Brian said "confirmed. no communication at OP". Meaning, his date was confirmed but he had to leave before he could call to let me know. Not leave to come home, but leave for another location for a couple of days that doesn't have phones or internet. So I got up, more excited now, to get my butt in gear.

Today I got my guest room (hopefully soon-to-be nursery) cleaned. Or well as cleaned as its going to be until I get to Walmart to get some plastic drawers to put our T-shirts, and Brian's PT's in. But I can at least mark that off of my list.

 In the time I had planned to go workout and make a Walmart trip today (how foolish of me to think that the A/C people would be here early?) I decided to completely re-organize my kitchen. That was not even really on the "HAS to be done before Brian gets home" list, but once I started moving a few things around....it just happened. Suddenly I looked up and realized that all of my cabinets were empty and everything was on the counter, table, and floor. Typical Morgan.

I also spent sometime online looking for a dress to wear to pick Brian up from the airport in. I would so post the one I really love right now, but I'm scared Brian will be able to get on here before he starts his journey home and will see it. Its not that it has to be a surprise, but at the same time I kind of want to look amazing and knock his socks off. I'm going to shop around town this weekend, and if I don't find anything then I'll be ordering this dress from Victorias Secret. I'm just scared to order it, it not work, and then be pressed for time to find something else. Ugh! Maybe I'll just find the perfect dress or outfit this weekend and not have to worry about ordering anything. 

Tomorrow I plan on getting in a good workout and/or run to burn off some of this crazy stress! Then I think I'm going to make a pot of Wendy's Chili and put it in the freezer. It would give Brian and I a quick meal while he was home so I don't have to spend so much time in the kitchen cooking for him. I'm contemplating doing the same thing with a pot of Gumbo, and Chicken and Dumplins. Anything that I have leftover I can always put in containers for me to eat the next couple of months. haha We'll just see how much time I have in-between getting other things done this next week. Its going to be a busy day of getting my nails, toes, tan, and hair done. Not to mention cleaning my carpets, bathing Rak, and getting Loux groomed. haha

Yikes! I can't believe were already so close, so fast. It really doesn't seem real yet though. I guess I'll believe it more once I actually get to talk to Brian in depth about it, and then of course, once he is on a plane headed this way. 

Now I'm off to eat a cookie, watch some Jersey Shore , then lay in bed and watch War and Peace. Tonight I hope I get some good sleep since I wont be sweating!

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

4 comments:

Courtney August 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Love this post... so glad he is so close to being home for a bit.

Laura86 August 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Gosh, I was getting giddy for you!!! Sounds like you'll definitely be keeping busy getting ready for R&R!! <3

sarabug August 27, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

I am so incredibly excited for you, but of course you know this already!

Morgan Latiolais August 28, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

Thanks girls!! I'm so glad to have awesome supportive friends like you. :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP