No News is Good News.

 Sunday, August 29, 2010

This weekend has just been mentally exhausting for me. So much stuff is going on in Afghanistan. I try very hard, normally with success, not to watch the news. This weekend the big event was hard not to notice. Sometimes things just hit close to home so its hard not to see the smoke, so to speak. 

This morning I went to the gym and ran 5k (3.10miles) on the treadmill in 41 mins. Something about stress gives me a boost. On my way home, I cried. I drove past my house and through my neighborhood just to make sure there were no government cars parked somewhere. Yes...its been that bad. Its the first time I've ever done that, and I never want to feel this way again. 

Tomorrow I plan on spending some time with my friend Jessica who sent her husband back to Afghanistan today from R&R. I have missed her these past 2 weeks, but I'm really glad she and her hubby had such a great time. I'm glad I'll get to catch up with her and hear all about their adventures before Brian comes home and its our turn. 

Speaking of R&R (as if I haven't been doing that the past week?!) I have been looking for a photographer to take pictures of Brian and I. We have some that were done when Brian came home from Iraq last deployment. I hate them now because of how I look. Its time for some pictures that show the me that I have always been on the inside. I want some fun, candid, outdoor photos of Brian and I that capture our personality. Maybe even some with our NFL jerseys on (his is Saints, mine is obviously Cowboys) to use as our Christmas cards.

While looking for a photographer I found Paige Kimball Photography. Her photos are so awesome! I think they are very Ralph Lauren-esq. While looking at her blog I found this.



Nothing I ever knew I always wanted. Now I must have some for myself. Of course, those won't be going on the Christmas cards, but I just think they are beautiful and so romantic. I need those for our kids to see when we are long gone, so they will know Mom and Dad were hot and so in love 'once upon a time'. I can't wait to work with Paige next month and get some awesome photos. Of course I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes and give a sneak peak. 

Now I'm off to get ready to watch Geraldo At Large. Maj.Gen. Campbell, commander of the 101st Airborne, Brian's Division, is going to be on there talking about the attempted attacks on FOB Salerno, Afghanistan (the link I posted yesterday). I of course will be all ears. 

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

1 comments:

Janna August 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

Sorry you had a rough day hun. I've been keeping yall in my prayers!

And those pictures are amazing! Not sure Brandon would ever go for someone taking some pics of us together like that though!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP