Its that time!

 Monday, August 16, 2010

Well its blogging time! I've really been trying super hard to keep this up daily because I'm convinced it helps. Somehow. 

Today, we are officially OVER 1/2 way done with August. I'm pretty pumped. 45 days until October.

This morning I awoke to a scale that seems to be on strike. Not a pound lost in 2 weeks. Seriously? But the upside is I measured my waist, and it seems I have infect lost an inch. I'll take that. I put on my big girl panties and went and ran, 2.43miles at a 13.10 pace. I'm not really happy with my speed, however I am impressed with the fact I have shaved .25sec off from last Wednesday. Yay, for improvement! 

So lets talk about something that has really been weighing on my mind. I think this is an important subject that we really need to get out there in the open. 

What is up with the constant changes in relationship status on Facebook?!

You know what I'm talking about people. And you know who you are out there reading this. If your having to ask "is this about me?" then you are guilty. But don't hate and get mad, just explain it to me!

How does one go from "married" to "it's complicated" (when did that become a relationship anyway?) to "single" and back to "married" in a 24 hour period? Please tell me! I mean really. Are you married or not?

And to top it off?

You "don't want to talk about it". 

Really? You just posted it for all of America and the world to see. It obviously wasn't  that private of a matter, but you don't want to talk about it, or tell anyone what happened. 

Contrary to popular belief, every time you and your husband get in a fight, or your boyfriend breaks up with you,  you don't have to immediately get on Facebook to update your relationship status. Talk it out, or deal with it on your own, and once your ready to answer questions or tell the story, then change it. We are humans, and curious by nature. It just seems unfair that you would leave us, your nearest and dearest 300 friends hanging, to wonder what happened! (LOL)

And please, make sure its really over. Don't make us talk bad about your ex to make you feel better, only to find out your back together tomorrow, and you know how we really feel about the scum bag. Not a good or comfortable situation to be in. Just saying. 

Now I'm off to eat my apple and peanut butter (helps keep my mouth shut), and watch the encore of "Too Fat for Fifteen: Fighting Back".

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

6 comments:

Courtney August 16, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

Glad you're blogging... I enjoy reading it!

And LOL about the facebook relationship status updates. I either don't have the same friends (likely) or I don't pay attention (unlikely.. LOL). Last time I checked, you were married unless you WEREN'T... as in, you're divorced. ??? Right? haha

Morgan Latiolais August 16, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

Courtney- I thought the same thing. Apparently you and I are the odd ones out though.

The Blogger Life of Me August 16, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Bahahaaaa. I have a "friend" I finally told he changes girlfriends quicker than underwear. If you're a serial dater, please please PLEASE, just don't touch the relationship status. we don't all need to know how much of a hoe you are. This blog made me giggle.

Jennifer August 17, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

I love reading your blogs! :)

Lauren Ragan August 17, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

OMG! I was totally thinking this the other day! Like this girl I know is married and the other day her relationship status went from "married" to "single" to "married" in like a 3 hour time frame.. I was like, "seriously? Did you get married, divorced and then remarried in 3 hours? If so, that's impressive." LOL. ♥

Of course, I can't say much because me and my best friend said that we were in a relationship together just to make people talk and oddly enough, no one found it too strange. LOL. We quickly changed it back. :)

Sarah Jones,  August 22, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

I know im a little late, commenting on this blog post. BUT i can't agree with this more... It's like, Please don't post all your drama for everyone else to read. People just need to GROW UP AND DEAL WITH THEIR OWN PROBLEMS!!!!!! Goodness. I love love love reading your blog. Love you sister!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP