I'd rather go naked.

 Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Okay, maybe not, but at this rate it looks like naked is exactly how I will be picking Brian up at the airport. I literally have NOTHING to wear. I know this is a very classic girl thing to say, but I promise you, its the truth this time. I have items, not outfits. I am so tired of going though the handful of clothes I have that fit trying to think of a way to make them into an outfit, and I'm tired of going into stores only to walk out with more items, not outfits. I went to Gap, Old Navy, and Buckle tonight only to walk out with a pair of skinny jeans (WHY!?) and a jean skirt. Once again, items, not outfits, and when I got home to see if I had anything to wear with either of those items, then answer was a resounding NO. Ugh.

Maybe Brian will be impressed with my Nike running shorts, and matching pink tank top? Because at this point, that outfit is the only one that is looking remotely promising.

In the mist of this clothing drama I did have a happy moment. While in Gap I decided to try on some jeans, the one thing I don't need anymore of. I use to have some Long and Lean jeans that I loved, but now they are huge on me. I grabbed the 12's...to my surprise they were big. Hello 10's! Now it should be pointed out right now that Gap runs big. No where else do I wear a 10, much less able to put on 8's snuggly. But it was still a happy moment. In that moment I got to pretend I was skinny, and yes I know an 8 is not skinny by most people standards, but for someone who is 5'8 and use to wear a 24, an 8 is DAMN skinny. Bahaha!

So tomorrow I'm going to get my eyebrows waxed because that is one of the things that was not an option to mark off of my 'to-do' list without actually doing it. I'm long over due. Good thing that I don't go many other places than the gym, and no one at the gym is concerned with your eyebrows. I'm still debating getting my hair done, mostly because I'm scared of doing something this close to him being home, and not having enough time to fix it if I hate it. I don't hate my hair right now, so I'm thinking it should just stay like it is. I however might get a pedicure just for some relaxation.

Right now my head is hurting, and I want my Detour bar (delicious, protein, tastes like a Snickers).

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

4 comments:

Laura86 September 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

I'm with you! And 8 IS skinny!!! Always will be to me, that's my goal to be an 8 or a 10.

You don't have anything to pair with a denim skirt? Boots and a cute plaid top with matching tank under??

Teenage Bride September 1, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Oh man I feel your pain. Even after shopping last weekend I still feel ike I have nothing worthy in closet lol

Thanks for your amazing comment on my post yesterday by the way... great words of wisdom!!!

Janna September 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Dang girl- an 8 is skinny to me! I'm just getting there and am so excited about it!

Not sure if you have one near you, but Francesca's Collections just opened up near me and has some of the cutest things! I'd check j.crew or anthropologie. Both have cute dresses.

sarabug September 1, 2010 at 9:05 PM  

Go naked...he'll love it! ;)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP