I am woman. Hear me roar!

 Saturday, August 21, 2010

So today I was pretty productive, or at least kind of. I feel like I accomplished a lot! haha

My day actually started at 4:15am when my husband called to tell me I wouldn't be hearing from him. I felt like we talked for awhile, until this afternoon I looked and realized my call lasted all of two minutes and fifty seconds. Really? After that I took a potty break, only to see something moving around under my dust ruffle. In the fog of sleep I hurried off the toilet to see what was the matter to find a black furry monster wiggling around. Okay so It wasn't a monster, it was Loux. 


Somehow my, or well Brian's, 50+lb Standard Labradoodle made it under my bed, and couldn't get back out. Why she was under there is beyond me. How she fit under there leaves me even more speechless. So at 4:30am I was trying to figure out a way to get this dogchild out from under the bed without having to lift the bed, or break her back. Looking back, I wish I had paused to take a picture or video of this for Brian (and you all), because the whole time I was enduring this little fiasco, all I could hear is Brian laughing in my head!

After going back to sleep I text my friend Amanda to go shopping with me. Three long sleeve shirts, a pair of sweat pants, and two pair of jeans later (one for me, one for Brian), I felt successful in my adventure and not as worried about the $250 electric bill I had just received. 

Oh, did I forget to mention that? Yeah, I got my first electric bill (for 35days) at my new house and it was $250 dollars! I had to pause and call my friend Hope to see how much hers was because she lives in a house the same size as mine, in the same neighborhood. Hers was only $120. I plan on calling the electric company on Monday to see if there is some sort of fee included in there that wont be there next month or what, because this is way outrageous seeing how I don't use my lights. Seriously. Only when I'm in the bathroom, or in my bedroom changing. Any thoughts?

Back to accomplishments, this topic is depressing.

Amanda and I went for a 3 mile hike on this paved trail thing. I'm calling it a hike because there are so many hills its insane. Our intention was to run it, until we realized how hilly it was! I also just found out that there is going to be a rock climbing class on Tuesday. Oh yes, I'll be there. I can't wait!

Now for the big on. 

Ready?

I gave myself my first B12 shot. All on my own!!

Post WLS you become B12 deficient because you lack intrinsic factor. I had been going to the doctor to get my shots, but once I moved back up here my doctor had the nurse train me on how to do it so I could give them to myself at home. Yikes!! 

Well tonight was the night. I was nervous, I wont lie, but I was so sick of being tired all the time that I knew I just had to do it. I'm pretty proud. Now lets just hope I did it right!


The proof!

Now your little adventure girl is tired, but still needs to get some protein in. Oh darn. I guess that means peanut butter time!

Until tomorrow. If you're still there!


1 comments:

Janna August 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Great job giving yourself the shot! :) I just finished nursing school and am not sure I could give myself a shot!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP