Grub.

 Thursday, August 5, 2010

So I told you all yesterday that today I'd post a recipe. True to form, here I am. Recipe in hand, but before that I just want you to all know that I did not buy anything today. Nothing. Aren't you proud?

Now, I did end up buying one of those bathing suites last night. Yes, I did it. But for 16 bucks a piece I really couldn't bring myself to pass it up! If nothing else I can wear it in the hot tub over R&R in October. :) Brian won't buy me new boobs until after we have kids, so I really felt that the Miracle Bra push-up bikini top was a necessity. The girls just don't look as good in a triangle top like they did when I was 5. Bahaha! And I really want to look as good as possible over R&R. So, alas, I relented to late night, online, shopping. (Which is almost as bad as shopping on an empty stomach.) It always leads me to making bad, unwise, decisions. But I don't feel bad. I'll be sure to post pics once it comes in. Not on of course, because I don't want you all to barf. I would post pics, but I can't copy or save them from the VS site. UGH!

Now for a mini rant? I have eaten terrible today. Not because I've eaten to much, or really eaten "bad", but because I can't seem to balance out my carbs and get enough calories and protein. I'm just frustrated. Oh well. I'm done eating for the day. Tomorrow is a new day.

Pesto Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms

1 carton mushrooms
2 Tbls pesto
4 tbls ricotta cheese
1 clove garlic
1/2 small onion
1/2 cup roasted chicken, diced (I use Tyson already cooked)
2 tbls bacon bits
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided (or the 5 cheese Italian blend)

Preheat oven to 400. Remove stems from mushrooms. Place caps in baking dish. Dice stems. In skillet over medium heat sauté' mushroom, diced onion, and diced garlic clove until onion is soft. Add chicken to heat through. Mix in pesto, ricotta cheese, bacon bits, and cheese (leaving enough to sprinkle on top of mushrooms). Spoon cheese and chicken mixture into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15mins. Caps should be soft and cheese should be golden and bubbly. 

You can easily turn this into a "bake" or "casserole" by cutting the mushrooms into quarters, adding some more chicken and baking it all in a casserole dished topped with cheese.  Which is what I did yesterday for dinner, and ate leftovers for lunch today.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

2 comments:

Jennifer August 6, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Thanks for the recipe! I look forward to trying it soon! :)

Teenage Bride August 6, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

oh wow this sounds really good.

Don't you just love VS. All of their stuff is so fabulous, you got a great deal!!!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog.

Can't wait to read more of yours!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP