Cookie Monster

 Thursday, August 19, 2010

So sorry about yesterdays post. It was just one of "those" days,  and high school drama was on my nerves!

Today was good, and rather productive!  I woke up and got to talk to hubby, went for a run (horrible pace time, we don't need to talk about it), then went to Walmart to get stuff for Brian's care packages. While I was at Walmart I even got my oil changed! This is the first time I can remember getting my oil changed ON TIME! Aren't you proud Brian? 

I was going to wait until this weekend to bake Brian cookies, but then I realized that I kind of have a lot going on this weekend and didn't want to forget. So I baked cookies today and I must say they are delicious! I made some similar to these (Monster Cookies) last deployment, but altered the recipe and made it mine.  I have to say, they are even better tasting, and better for you! Here is the recipe.

Trail Mix Cookies


Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon corn syrup
1/2 cup light margarine
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
3/4 cup splenda brown sugar ( OR 1.5 cups real brown sugar)
1 cup splenda ( or same amount of white sugar)
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 350. 
2.Mix first five ingredients together. Slowly mix in rest of ingredients. 
3.Using an ice cream scoop, place 6 cookies on each sprayed cookie sheet. 
4.Bake for 12-15min.

Yield: about 34 LARGE cookies

Notes:
*I bake for 12min just until I think the cookies are ALMOST done. 

* You can substitute any of the last 3 ingredients as you like. More or less of any, or completely replace with something you like more. Just make sure the total is 2 cups.


Now I'm off to watch Jersey Shore for the first time. I've been wondering what all the hype is about. And can someone tell me how you get a name like "The Situation"? I mean...that would be like me being call "The Thing"....seriously? I won't lie, that man has abs that make me want to cry. Beautiful.

So get this. My mother-in-law now has Facebook. It was enough of a shock when my mom and all of her friends ended up on Facebook. Even more shocked when my grandpa got one. But now, I'm use to it. But my mother-in-law is the last person I ever expected to get one! I will literally kill over if I wake up and my father-in-law has one too! I should correct myself and say, she has had one for awhile, but never used it, or knew how to use it. She didn't even have a picture up, but I guess last night she got with it and figured it out. She even left a comment on Brian's wall! 

My mind has officially been blown!

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP