Chickpeas.

 Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Well today wasn't a "FML" kind of day, which is a good thing. Made it to the gym, ran 1.55miles, did back and bis, and some abs. Overall, a pretty good workout, even if my run pace was slow. I guess its just going to take work.

I have also decided that I am officially not weighing myself for at least 2 weeks. Everyone I know who runs says that you will not loose weight right away, and might even gain at first, and then it all starts to balance out and the weight comes off again. Instead of setting myself up for a bad day, I'm going to set myself up for good ones and just not even get on the scale.

I came home from the gym to find two packages on my front porch! One was from my friend Jennifer from over at Lovely Ramblings, and it contained an awesome Dallas Cowboys Tony Romo jersey! Oh yes, I am that lucky to have such an awesome friend. She rocks, and I will post pics tomorrow! The other box was two free protein bars from QuestBar that I had ordered a few weeks ago, and forgotten about. All in all, pretty exciting day on my end.

One of Brian's buddies was kind enough to let me know what is up with my husband today. All is well, and I anticipate hearing from him tomorrow sometime...hopefully. Those boy's make me laugh. It is funny how close they get to one another. Even funnier? This one guy actually went to High School with Brian. Brian joined the Army and got stationed here at Ft. Campbell. This other guy, Brandon, joined later and went to Korea. Last year he, his wife, and two kids ended up here, and he is now in Brian's unit. Cool right? I guess its a small world after all. I have yet to meet his wife (though we are friends on FaceBook) or kids, but I hope to soon. It would be nice to add yet another couple to hang out with to our list of friends. 

Now I must tell you about Roasted Chickpeas. I tried them out today, and I have to say, they are delicious and addicting. The good thing? Half a cup is only 100calories, and contains 6 grams of protein. Pretty nutritious snack if you ask me. I will be making several batches this weekend of different flavors. I'll keep some and send some to Brian. I really think they will be an awesome snack for him.

Roasted Chickpeas

1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
Olive Oil
Salt
Any other flavor you can imagine (Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil...)

Drain and rinse chick peas. Coat with olive oil, slat, and seasoning of your choice. Spread out on baking sheet in single layer. Bake at 400 degrees for about 40-45mins. You WILL need to stir these every 15mins or they will burn and stick to the pan. 

I made them today with garlic powder and salt. YUM. Crunchy, savory, munching goodness! I think I'm going to attempt to make them using dry ranch powder this weekend. Sounds yummy to me.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

3 comments:

Kaitlin August 11, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer August 11, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

I am sooo glad you like the jersey! YAY! Can't wait to see pics of you in it! :)

Those chick peas sound yummy! I am going to have to try that. I start back to school soon, and I am starting my diet. hopefully I can shed some of these unwanted pounds and improve my chances of making that baby! :)

Teenage Bride August 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

Oh my you remind me that I really need to get back to the gym.... sigh

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP