Busy day, or at least morning!

 Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Friday everyone! I am pleased that it is another week down and closer to Brian being home. Next week is the last full week of August and I'm pretty excited about that!

This morning I had an appointment with my bariatric surgeon. It should have been my 6 month appointment, but I'm closer to 8 months out. Oops! I was expecting to get "in trouble", but much to my amazement that wasn't the case at all. My surgeon and the nurse were both beyond ecstatic about my weight loss this far! 118lbs to be exact. My surgeon says I am way ahead of the curve and 10-15lbs more is  his 'goal' for me. Obviously he and I do not have the same goal because mine has me wanting to lose a little bit more than that! He said that is fine, but he would consider any more than that 'bonus' and me being an overachiever. haha We'll see what happens and where I end up. For now, I'm happy simply being active in living life rather than sitting on the sidelines.

Tomorrow morning at 6am I am supposed to be running in Run for the Fallen. I really want to, I just hope I can peel myself out of bed. Its time for another B12 shot not to mention I have a little 'visitor' right now, so I'm beat. We will see what happens.

While I was out this morning/today I went and mailed Brian a package. I love this awesome place we have here called Going Postal. They are so awesome! You can just bring everything in, and they pack it up for you the cheapest way, and even help fill out the customs form. They totally rock. I had enough stuff to fill about 4 flat rate boxes, at least. The fit it into on big box (20lbs!!) and easily saved me a good 20 bucks. Got to love that!

I just got done "cleaning out" my Facebook friends. It was pretty crazy to go through there and see everyone I was friends with. People I haven't heard from in 4+ years, were able to just read about my life, and look at my pictures. Kind of creepy if you ask me. I didn't delete anyone out of spite, mostly just because it seems weird to be 'friends' with someone you don't really know, and never hear from. So if your still on my friends list and can read my wall, you made it through the first cut! Congrats to you!

What about the rest of you? Do you clean out your friends list periodically? Do you have standards for friends additions, or do you just add anyone who requests you?

Now I'm off to finish up Dateline and eat some tuna. Yes, tuna, at this hour.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.

3 comments:

Megan,  August 20, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

I just cleared out some of mine too. Mainly because some factors in my life changed and there were certain people I no longer wanted to be associated with. :)
Congrats on the doc appointment! You are still looking great!! It's so amazing to look at the progress you've made, I can only imagine how much better you feel about yourself and life in general. Keep up the great work!!

colleen August 20, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

I LOVE Goin Postal. I mail all my care packages there :) Also nice that it's a minute from my house.

Janna August 21, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

Congrats on your weight loss! You are doing amazing!

And I still made your friends! :) I've been cleaning out some of mine too!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP