When the moon hit your eye...

 Friday, July 30, 2010

like a big pizza pie. Thats amore!


This my friends is my new food obsession. Tortilla Pizza.  (sorry for the not so great pic, it was taken with my blackberry)

Actually its not so new. I've been obsessed for about 3 months. I've posted about them on my Facebook, and even shared the "recipe" for my Mexican pizza, but I felt something so delicious was worth repeating. 

First I should say that I love pizza. I'm not saying that this is what you should eat instead of delivery. I like my stuffed crust just as much as the rest of them. The problem is my jeans don't really like it when I eat the pizza every week. And as aforementioned I'm currently trying to get my "skinny" on and even attended another Spinning class today. Then there is the whole issue of its just me (remember, Brian is gone), on a "diet", ordering pizza. Not the best combination, and even when I am diligent and only eat two pieces, I still have all this leftover pizza. I just feel guilty eating pizza left overs for 4 days straight, but I don't have the heart to waste such a wonderful thing either. 

Like I said, bad combination.

These little babies are not only healthy and delicious, but they satisfy my craving. Not to mention you can make them anyway you want them, with anything you want on them! 

This is what you need for my Chicken Bacon Pesto Pizza.


Mission Carb Balance fajita sized tortillas.
Tyson Grilled and Ready roasted diced chicken.
Bacon Bits
Basil Pesto
Ricotta Cheese
Italian Blend or Mozzarella cheese

  1. Preheat your oven to 400. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
  2. Microwave desired amount of chicken for 1min. Your basically just heating it up from being frozen.
  3. Lay tortilla on pan, top with ricotta and pesto. Cover with chicken, sprinkle with bacon bits, and top with cheese.
  4. Back for EXACTLY 10mins.
  5. EAT


Now, how much better can it get? Not much, thats how much. You can make this anyway you want to. Top with traditional pizza sauce, turkey sausage and cheese. Or make my Mexican pizza with salsa chicken, and cheese. Topped with guacamole.  

One of these with a little side salad makes for a great lunch! You could even make a couple of these with  burrito sized tortillas to share (or to give to a man like my husband!). You might be surprised how these really do satisfy your craving for pizza. Honestly, I rarely order real take out pizza anymore because these are that good! And you can't beat a pizza dinner for less than 300 calories!

And now that I just saved you all those calories, and the money for pizza why not go hit up American Eagles jean sale this weekend? I know I will be. Brian and I both need jeans, and you really can't beat buy one get one 50% off. Plus I have a coupon for 15% off! Even if we didn't "need" jeans I'd still go, because you really can never have too many pairs and at that price, how can you pass it up?

(New York Times)

Speaking of jeans. What are your favorites? I am a huge fan of BKE jeans from The Buckle. I just can't bring myself to buy 5 pairs at 90 bucks a pop, so I have to supplement with other brands.

Tonight is dinner at my friend Jessica's. She is making something called Jalapeno Chicken. I'll be sure to report, and possibly post the recipe for all you foodies in another post. I'm pretty excited to try it! I won't lie though, I'll probably be a rude guest and leave shortly after dinner because I'm EXHAUSTED! I was up late, or well early talking to Brian (yay!) online, got up at 8am thanks to Loux, and then went to spinning class. I don't think she'll mind though. I'm going to try and get her to tag along in my shopping excursion tomorrow.  

No worries Brian, I promise don't to go too crazy. :) 

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you all. Brian discovered my blog and is now a follower. I'm pretty impressed and honored! lol He even liked my "creeper obsessed" post about him. It's a good thing the man is use to my strange ways or he'd probably have already filed a restraining order against me. 

And now? Its time for a nap and a shower before I go and find something to supply for desert tonight.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.



3 comments:

J July 30, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

I feel you on expensive jeans. The ONLY brand I've found that are long enough, fit in the waist AND the butt....typically retails for $150+. Thank GOD for good sales.

Morgan Latiolais July 30, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

J, I feel the same way. Which brand do you wear? I'm all about discovering something new if it fits good! lol

Lauren Ragan August 5, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who makes tortilla pizzas.. :)However, I don't think mine are as healthy as yours, LOL. I use regular pizza toppings; pizza sauce, peopperonis and cheese for the most part, ocassionally green olives. And I cook them on a skillit instead of in the oven, but I think the oven would be a better idea.. haha..

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP