She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway.

 Thursday, July 29, 2010

Now I wouldn't call myself a music expert. I'm no music critic, I'm not a lyricist, and I don't have an "ear" for a good tune. I don't know most of the new popular songs to be honest. I do however love music. I love how someone else can speak to my soul, and voice the way I'm feeling. I know what I like.

I love how a song can change your mood, or add to the one your already in. 


I think music is universal. I think it is proof that we as humans all experience the same things, and we are never alone. How else would we be able to relate to a song so well that we feel the need to put it on repeat?  Music reminds me that on my bad days I'm not the only one who has them. I'm not the only person who has ever been lonely, or ever been in love. I know I'm not the only one who has ever been so happy that I wanted to scream it from a rooftop. Music is the emotion that we all feel, put into words for others to experience with is. 

We all have a bad day anthem. Or the song we'd love to sing to that person who hurt us 10 years ago. The song that will always put a smile on our face. What songs are those for you?

Bad Day by Fuel is one of my favorites. Its not that it makes me "happy", but its a great song to belt out when I'm upset or mad.

I also feel the same way about the website PostSecret. Some of the secrets people share are profound. Sometimes I'm shocked with them for various reasons. Sometimes they seem like something I should have sent in, other I'm sad for the person who feels the way they do. 

(PostSecret)

I guess in some ways this blog is my "post secret" or song. Obviously since I do know some of you I can't really share exactly how I feel bout some things. Which is a shame, but 90% of my life I can share.

The title of this post is my favorite line from the song 3A.M. by Matchbox Twenty. I read somewhere that it was a song written by Rob Thomas' mom's battle with cancer. I don't know exactly what the lyrics mean, to him, or to me really. But I know I love the song, and some part of it speaks to me.

In other news? I got a new phone today. Its been a long process that I won't bore you, but after my 4th Blackberry Curve (8330), Verizon finally "upgraded" me to the new Curve (8530?). I like it so far, but I just got it today, so my opinion of the little guy is still subject to change. 



R.I.P Pinky. You were great until you had to be replaced 3 times.

Until tomorrow. If you're still there.



1 comments:

Lauren Ragan July 30, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

Ya know, I was looking for something to blog about today, and I think you just inspired me.. :) Music is my soul.. Have a great day.. :) ♥

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP