Roll over, go back to bed.

 Wednesday, July 28, 2010

After my good mood yesterday I really had high hopes that today would be pretty good too. I was wrong. Yeah, I said it. I, Morgan, Mrs.Always-right, was WRONG. 

Its not that anything actually went wrong. I don't know what has been up with me lately, and to be honest it feels like I might be on the verge of being bi-polar. Seriously? Not cool. I probably need to get a handle on that, I just have to figure out how. Obviously over eating, under eating (my most recent problem), working out like a nazi, and other crazy things are not the way to deal with stress. At least not the most appropriate way.  That won't keep me from eating a few bites of this tonight.



I wasn't going to say anything, but I guess I will. Saturday, July 23rd my husbands company lost their first soldier. It was in a non-combat related incident, but that really doesn't make it any better.  I think that is the root of my most recent stress and freaky moods. I didn't know the guy, not like know him know him. I know I had seen him at Brian's work before, but I don't know if I ever spoke to him before. I guess thats why this death has hit me harder than the others from our battalion. I recognized his picture, and that was enough to make him a real human being to me. Not just another name, or person my husband may or may not have known. I "knew" him. I can only imagine what his pregnant wife, of less than a year is feeling, and to be honest. I don't ever want to know.

PFC. James J. Oquin

So back to the title of this blog. I woke up this morning, and knew before even getting out of bed that it was going to be "one of those days", and that if I were smart I'd roll over and go back to bed. Of course, I didn't do that. I got up like I do every day. Let the dogs out, had my coffee, went to the gym, and laid out by the pool. Nothing bad happened to me. My dog didn't die. The tire didn't go flat. My house didn't burn down. But it was still a bad day. 

Apparently my dogs are in sync with me because while sitting here contemplating what to type, and how to word it all, Loux, thought she needed to check on me.


Now for that cupcake and some TV. The good thing is, tomorrow is a new day, with all the potential for things to be wonderful. :)

Sorry for the not so perky post. See you tomorrow. If your still there.



2 comments:

Lauren Ragan July 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

Oh, I have these days fairly often; even when nothing actually goes wrong with me. But you're right, tomorrow is always another day.

And I just want to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers; it may not a specific prayer for you and Brian, but I do pray for our military everyday. I will be sure to remember the fallen solider's family in my prayers.

Brianna August 7, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

RIP Oquinn;
he was the quietest guy I've ever met but also the sweetest. He had the kindest heart I've ever met and the same for his wife! He will forever be missed!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP