Baby, you're my favorite, Favorite state of mind.

 Tuesday, July 27, 2010





Ever have those days that no matter what, you wake up and know without a doubt it is going to be the worse day ever?  Yeah we all have those. But what about a day where you wake up and know its going to be a good day, no matter what? I know, those don't happen too often. Im glad today was one of the latter...at least thus far.


I guess it would be best to go ahead and get this next confession out of the way. I mean it was going to come out sooner or later, so why not sooner. Ready?  Here goes. 

I'm obsessed with my husband. Yes, I just said that. Obsessed. And yes, this is real life.

Now, I'm not one of those door mat wives who would let my husband beat me and then turn around and cook him dinner with all the trimmings. But I am one of those wives who honestly finds her happiness in the happiness of her husband, and one day God willing, I will find it in the happiness of our future children. 

I don't deny the fact that my husband is wrong sometimes. I know he doesn't walk on water, and he isn't the Pope, so he isn't infallible (I'm Catholic by the way). But I really do take pride in my husband and trust his judgment. But its a two way street. He feels the same about me, and I can say that with 100% certainty. I really just enjoy doing things for him. I love cooking his favorite dinner and making brownies. Its the little things. He really is my most favorite thing in life. I know it might seem pathetic to some, and that is fine. Maybe you just aren't in this sort of relationship. And I'm not knocking yours, I'm just saying I love mine. B is always doing things to try and make me smile, and make me happy. He actually does a phenomenal job at it. I just like to repay him. 


I guess this would be a good time to tell you that I met Brian when I was 14 and he was 15. We are each other first love, and I think that changes a lot of things. We have literally grown up and changed together. I just praise God that all those changes were things that brought us together, allowed us to fall more in love with one another, and remain best friends. The man tells me he loves me 1000x every time I talk to him, and makes me feel like the best, most beautiful person, even on my worst days. He lets me bawl my eyes out to him from 2000 miles away and doesn't think twice about it. He just responds with "thats what a best friend and husband is for".  He is such a fantastic man, it would be hard to not be obsessed and in awe of him sometimes. He constantly sets an example for the type of person I want to be. 

Plane and simple? He is a good man, who loves the Lord, treats others with respect, and loves his wife and family. I don't know what else a little girl grows up dreaming of when imagining her future husband. He is everything I could have ever prayed for, and a whole lot more. He isn't perfect, but neither am I, and that makes him perfect for me. 





Ballet fats, a Louis Vuitton, and combat boots. Who'd have thought it would be a match made in heaven?

Which brings me to how today was just destined to be a good day. I went to bed talking to him and seeing his sweet face on the computer, and woke up this morning to a  yahoo message on my phone telling me "Wake up and talk to hubby". We are rarely lucky enough to get to talk to each other so close together. Sometimes things just fall into place and nothing can ruin it.  Not even the dog peeing on the kitchen floor or coming home from the post office to something like this. 






(Not my house, just an example of what I did find)

Out of all the places I've ever been. Brian is my favorite state, of mind. :)

Now stop puking at my sappy existence. Maybe I'll post something more to your liking tomorrow. If your still there.

2 comments:

Janna July 27, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

aww! Cute!

A friend and I were just talking about that! She said one of her favorite things to do is spoil her hubby with cooking his favorite meals and such! And I do too- but of course I am spoiled too when it comes to B!

Lauren Ragan July 29, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

That was very sweet.. :)
I wish y'all all the best..
I hope to find a man I can be "obsessed" with.. :) ♥

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP